Okay so, I’ve got a creamy and lemony dessert for you today! It’s super simple to make too. All you have to do is add all the ingredients into a pot, cook it until it thickens, then pour into ramekins and refrigerate until it sets! Easy!
As well as being vegan these are:
- 6 ingredients
- takes less than 15 minutes to make
- gluten free
- oil free
Some notes for you:
The turmeric powder in this recipe is to add a yellow colouring. This makes it look more ‘lemony’ but is totally optional and not necessary. It’s slightly paler if you don’t use it however. If you do use it, make sure to only add a small pinch at a time, and add more if you need to while it’s cooking. It’s easy to over estimate how much to add then end up with a bright yellow or green dessert at the end. I found that the yellow colouring develops a little more while cooking and then when setting too.
For the whipped coconut cream on top, I used Nature’s Charm Coconut Whipping Cream. If you have had difficulties with whipping coconut cream, ahem like me, this makes it super easy. You chill the can, then whip it, mine normally takes under a minute and it’s done. Works every time!
Some other toppings that go really well are some Roasted Balsamic Strawberries. You can also use the recipe from my Roasted Strawberry Chia Pudding. That one uses a smaller quantity of strawberries and also lemon juice instead of balsamic vinegar. Mint leaves and lemon zest make a nice garnish too!
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to let me know how it went in the comments below (don’t forget to leave a star rating!).Print
A creamy vegan lemon pudding that’s 6 ingredients and takes less than 15 minutes to make. Makes the perfect easy dessert!
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp cornflour*
- 1 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp rice malt syrup or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- small pinch turmeric powder, for colour and is optional
- whipped coconut cream
- roasted strawberries
- lemon zest to garnish
- Pour the lemon juice into a medium pot, along with the cornflour. Whisk well to remove any lumps. Whisk in the coconut milk, rice malt syrup, vanilla extract and a tiny pinch of turmeric if you’re using it (make sure to only add a pinch at first, you can always add in more while it cooks). Whisk in the almond milk last.
- Place the pot on medium to high heat. Make sure to stir regularly, I like to use a heat resistant silicone spatula for this. The mixture will start to thicken first on the bottom, when you notice this happening, give it a whisk to make sure the mixture stays smooth (continue to whisk now and then). Keep cooking until it thickens, mine takes between 6 to 7 minutes.
- Tap the bottom of the pot on a bench to remove any air bubbles and pour the mixture into 2 ramekins. Refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours. If you like, top with whipped coconut cream, roasted strawberries, mint and lemon zest.
*Here in Australia, cornflour is the same as cornstarch. I know it can be called different names in other areas of the world, but you want the flour that is for thickening purposes and is white (not yellow).
Keywords: vegan lemon pudding, vegan lemon curd pudding