- Yield: 16 squares
- 1 1/2 c raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 c coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1/2 c rice malt syrup
- 1/2 c canned coconut milk
- 1/2 c cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of cacao nibs, optional
- Soak the cashews overnight in water, then drain and rinse. Alternatively soak cashews in boiling water for 15 minutes if you're in a rush.
- Line a 20cm square pan with baking paper, and set aside.
- Add the soaked cashews with the rest of the ingredients except for the cacao nibs, into a high speed blender, starting with the liquids to help it blend easier. Mix until smooth, scraping down the edges when needed.
- Pour into the pan, sprinkle on cacao nibs if you're using them, and freeze until set, about 2 hours. Cut into squares.
- Store the fudge in the freezer. (I like to eat mine right out of the freezer, alternatively you can wait a couple of minutes for them to thaw a little before eating).