- Cook Time: 20m
- Yield: 3 cups
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained well
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. faux chicken or vegetable stock powder
- 2 large carrots, cut into small strips* (about a cup)
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/3 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked or slivered almonds (toasted if you like)
- 2 tbsp. natural coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp. hulled tahini
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Add oil to a medium saucepan on high heat. Add your quinoa, stirring regularly until most of the liquid has evaporated and has become lightly toasted.
- Add the curry and stock powers, and cook for a further minute. Pour in 1 1/2 cups of water, carrot, corn and sultanas. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat to low and cover with a lid. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing, and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, use a fork to fluff up some of the quinoa to see if there's any water left on the bottom of the pan. If there is, continue to cook for another couple of minutes or until all the water has evaporated.
- Mix in your coriander and almonds to the quinoa, divide into bowls and serve with the yoghurt tahini dressing.