- Prep Time: 22m
- Yield: 16 squares
- 1 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/3 cup lemon juice (about 1 1/2 lemons) + zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- small pinch turmeric powder (for colour) - optional
For the base:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356°F) and line a 20cm square pan with baking paper. Set aside.
- Add almond meal and tapioca flour into a large bowl, and mix until combined. Add coconut oil and rice malt syrup, and mix until it all comes together.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the pan and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until it is just lightly browned on top.
- Pour the lemon juice into a medium pot. Add cornflour and whisk well to remove any lumps. Whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place the pot on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Stir frequently, making sure to scape the bottom to prevent sticking. The mixture is ready when it has thicken and is a curd consistency.
- Take off the heat and pour onto the base. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set. Cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate in an airtight container.