- Yield: 2 x 12cm tarts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 5 medjool dates, pitted and chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 tbsp. cocoa or cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in a bowl of water overnight, then drained and rinsed*
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. rice malt syrup, or to taste
- 1 tsp. matcha powder, or to taste**
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Add the desiccated coconut to the tray, and bake for 3-4 minutes, or until toasted. Keep on eye on it, as it happens quickly! You can also skip this step and use the coconut as is too.
- Place the coconut along with the rest of the crust ingredients into a high speed blended or food processor. Process until the mixture sticks together. Press into the tart shells.
- Rinse the blender or food processor out and place all the filling ingredients (starting with the wet, as this makes it easier to blend), and process until smooth. Pour into the tart shells and refrigerate until set.