- Yield: 26 cookies
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseeds, ground
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oat flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- small pinch of salt
- 60g vegan chocolate
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseeds with 6 tbsp water. This makes two flax eggs. Set aside for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 180C (350F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the flax eggs to bring it together, before adding the coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Whisk to combine.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the chocolate until the mixture has come together to form a dough.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out 26 balls and place on the baking trays. You can put them quite close together as they don’t spread much. Using the back of a 1/2 teaspoon create an indent in the centre of each ball. Bake for 17 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, using a 1/2 teaspoon press down again where the indent is to make sure it's deep enough for the chocolate. Let the cookies cool slightly before moving to a cooling rack.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan. Place chocolate in the centre of each cookie. Let the chocolate set or place them in the fridge to speed up the process. Store in an airtight container in the freezer, (this keeps them crunchy).