- Total Time: 10m
- Serves: 2
- Yield: 2 toasted sandwiches
- 2 tsp olive oil or vegan butter
- 4 pieces of bread of your choice (I used rye)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste (I use the garlic, onion and herbs version)
- 1 small spring onion
- 10 olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 3 tbsp vegan hummus (or vegan cheese)
- 1 handful baby spinach, chopped
- salt + pepper
- This is obvious but heat up the toastie maker!
- Add 1/2 tsp of olive oil to each slice of bread. Place 2 slices of the bread onto the sandwich grills, olive oil side faced down.
- Add tomato paste, spring onion, olives, mushroom, tomato with salt and pepper onto the bread already in the sandwich maker.
- On the remaining slices of bread, spread the hummus on the sides without the olive oil. Add the spinach on top of the hummus. This sticks it down so it doesn't fall everywhere. Sandwich these onto the other fillings, again olive oil side facing the grills. Press the toastie maker together, and cook until lightly golden.