I love a good chia pudding and I must admit I definitely have a thing for roasted strawberries, so when I thought of putting these two things together, I knew it would be a perfect match!
I use mostly almond milk for my chia puddings mixed with some coconut milk. I find this formula works best, as the coconut milk adds extra creaminess and also elevates the flavour with the coconut.
For the roasted strawberries, I use lemon juice for this recipe but I’m also a big fan of using balsamic vinegar instead (as you can see with my Roasted Balsamic Strawberries and Vanilla Cream Tart with Roasted Balsamic Strawberries).
This recipe is:
- gluten free
- 7 ingredients
- takes minimal time to make
- great for when you need breakfast or a meal ready to go
If you’re looking for more breakfast ideas, you might like these: Apple Pie Overnight Oats, Chocolate Cherry Overnight Oats, Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl, How to make Creamy Steel Cut Oats and Mango Banana Green Smoothie Bowl.
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to let me know how it went in the comments below (don’t forget to leave a star rating!).Print
A creamy chia pudding topped with roasted strawberries. 7 ingredients, vegan, gluten free and takes minimum time to prepare.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 250g strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 2 tsp lemon juice (balsamic vinegar also works really well)
- 2 tsp maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- vanilla coconut yoghurt
- roasted silvered or sliced almonds*
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the chia pudding into a bowl. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Whisk together the lemon juice, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a large bowl. Mix in the strawberries, making sure they’re well coated.
- Pour this onto the baking tray, spreading the strawberries out. Bake for 15 minutes or until they’re soft but still holding their shape. Give them a mix in the sauce, let them cool down slightly and then refrigerate for 30 minutes. You will notice the sauce thicken up after being cooled.
- Serve on top of the chia pudding. If you like, top with vanilla coconut yoghurt and roasted almonds.
To roast almonds: Preheat oven to 180C (356F) and line a baking tray with baking paper. Place almonds onto the tray and bake for roughly 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep an eye on them as they can brown quite quickly.
Keywords: roasted strawberry chia pudding, chia pudding