This recipe was inspired by a dish my mum makes (thanks mum!). They’re sweet and buttery and makes the perfect side.
The flavours that make up these Vegan Glazed Carrots:
- sweetness that comes from using coconut sugar
- buttery! I use a vegan butter called Nuttelex (found at Woolworths or Coles and plenty of other places in Australia)
- garlic adds another layer of flavour
- fresh thyme which is slightly minty and goes perfect with carrots
- salt and pepper which always elevates every dish
- 7 ingredients
- takes 20 minutes to make
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to let me know how it went in the comments below (don’t forget to leave a star rating!).Print
Sweet and buttery glazed carrots that make the perfect side. 7 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to make.
- 400g carrots, peeled and cut into 1cm slices
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vegan butter (I use Nuttelex)
- 1 garlic glove, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- pepper to taste
- a couple of springs of fresh thyme – optional
- Add carrots to a medium saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the carrots are just becoming soft. You want them to be just starting to cook at this point.
- Rinse out and dry the same pan. Add coconut sugar, butter and salt to the pan over medium heat. Mixing regularly, bring the mixture to a simmer. Add carrots and cook for about 5 minutes, still stirring regularly, before adding the garlic. Cook for a further minute or two or until carrots are cooked. Taste, and if needed add more salt and season with pepper. Stir through fresh thyme and it’s ready to serve.
Keywords: vegan glazed carrots, glazed carrots, glazed carrots recipe