I’m on a bit of a caramel kick lately, and next are these Salted Caramel Almond Balls. Adapted from my Vegan Caramel Chocolate Almond Fudge Bars, these are without the chocolate and instead are rolled in roasted almonds pieces for more of a healthy snack.
To make these, you blend together flaxseeds and hemp seeds, with oats and almonds. Add in medjool dates which brings the caramel flavour and a fudge like texture. Roll the mixture into balls and coat in roasted almonds pieces!
- gluten free (if you can have oats)
- 7 ingredients
- oil free
Some notes for you:
Make sure to blend the seeds before adding the other ingredients, until they are quite fine in texture. Then the same with the oats and almonds. You want them to be smooth in texture.
If the dates are a little hard, I like to put them in a bowl of hot water, just for a few minute to soften them. Drain and dry them before using.
I use a vanilla extract that is very liquid. If you use one that is more syrup side you may need to add an extra date if the mixture seems too dry.
I recommend after rolling each ball, to coat them in almonds straight away. The almonds will stick better to the balls this way compared to rolling them all, then coating in the almonds.
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to let me know how it went in the comments below (don’t forget to leave a star rating!).Print
The perfect snack full of healthy ingredients. They have a fudgy texture with caramel and almond flavours. They’re gluten free (if you can have oats) and 7 ingredients.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw almonds
- 1/4 cup golden flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 200g medjool dates, pitted and quartered
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Place 2 tbsp of the almonds onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cook for 8 minutes or until the almonds are slightly browned. They will also smell more nutty when done. When mostly cool, chop the almonds into small pieces. Place onto a plate mixed with 1/8 of the salt. Taste and add more salt if needed. Set aside.
- Add the flaxseeds and hemp seeds to a high speed blender and blend until the seeds are a fine consistency. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of almonds and rolled oats and blend until they are a fine consistency as well.
- Add the dates, vanilla and remaining 1/8 of the salt and blend until everything comes together and looks fudge like.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon sized balls. After you make each ball, roll them into the almond pieces. Doing this as soon as you rolled the mixture into a ball, ensures the almonds stick easily. Refrigerate for one hour or until cold before enjoying. Store these in the fridge.
Keywords: Vegan Salted Caramel Balls, Caramel Bliss Balls