I love easy dinners, and this vegan fried rice is one of them! It includes three simple elements consisting of:
The sauce which is a combination of soy sauce, sriracha sauce to add some heat and a little sesame oil.
A scrambled tofu which is like a scrambled egg! It’s really simple to make and adds great flavour and texture to this dish too.
Then there’s the veggies and rice! I like to use brown rice in this dish, and I’ve used rice that has been cooked and cooled on the same day and day old rice with both working well. Carrots and frozen peas are the main vegetables here. Feel free to also buy the carrots frozen as well to make this even easier!
As well as being vegan:
- takes about 35 minutes to make
- 15 ingredients (which includes the oils, salt and pepper)
- gluten free (just make sure your sauces are gluten free too)
Some notes for you:
Make sure to cut the carrot into quite small pieces so it takes minimal time to cook.
Sometimes I like to add some cashews for an extra crunch!
If you’re looking for some more easy dinner recipes, you might like these: Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Brown Rice, Creamy Vegan Garlic Mushroom Pasta, Vegan Creamy Spicy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta and Vegan Tomato Basil Cream Pasta .
If you make this recipe, I would love for you to let me know how it went in the comments below (don’t forget to leave a star rating!).Print
Vegan Scrambled Tofu Fried Rice that takes 35 minutes to create and makes the perfect easy dinner! Gluten free (just make sure your sauces are gluten free too) and 15 ingredients.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- half a pack of 375g firm tofu (roughly 187.5g)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 carrots, diced quite small (3/4 cup)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced – optional
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice (I used medium grain brown rice)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Whisk together the soy sauce, sriracha sauce and sesame oil into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Wash the tofu and dry with paper towel. Using your hands, crumble the tofu into small pieces.
- Add the sesame oil into a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the tofu, nutritional yeast, turmeric powder, salt, pepper to taste and 1 tbsp of water. Mix well and cook until the tofu is heated through, roughly 4 minutes. Add another tbsp of water and cook for a further minute. Pour this into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the olive oil to the same pan over medium to high heat. When hot, add the onions and carrots and cook until the carrots are just soft. Add a splash of water to the pan if needed. Add the peas, spring onion (leave some for garnish if you’d like) and garlic. Cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and fry for a few minutes before adding the scrambled tofu and sauce. Cook until it’s all heated through. Taste and add more soy or sriracha sauce if you’d like, along with salt and pepper. I like to garnish with spring onion and more sriracha sauce on top.
Keywords: vegan scrambled tofu fried rice, vegan fried rice